This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Outage

Hello guys: Rob here. Just wanted to apologize for the recent outages that took place. I put my trust in a hosting company called Arvixe and they totally lost all of my data and left me hanging for days and days. I realize that some of the posts that you may have written are gone... luckily I had a backup from last month, so we only lost a few weeks' worth of data HERE in the forum. At least 12 other websites, affiliated with Fitness Through Fasting, are gone. That includes myfastingspace.com, the fasting social network. I may be able to restore it later on, but I doubt it. I guess this is part of living in the Old West (the Internet). Anyway, I apologize if your posts are missing. I have made arrangements to make sure that this doesn't happen again. If you are a webmaster, stay away from Arvixe at any and all costs. Thanx for reading and God bless.

Originally posted by Rob View Post
    Hello guys: Rob here. Just wanted to apologize for the recent outages that took place. I put my trust in a hosting company called Arvixe and they totally lost all of my data and left me hanging for days and days. I realize that some of the posts that you may have written are gone... luckily I had a backup from last month, so we only lost a few weeks' worth of data HERE in the forum. At least 12 other websites, affiliated with Fitness Through Fasting, are gone. That includes myfastingspace.com, the fasting social network. I may be able to restore it later on, but I doubt it. I guess this is part of living in the Old West (the Internet). Anyway, I apologize if your posts are missing. I have made arrangements to make sure that this doesn't happen again. If you are a webmaster, stay away from Arvixe at any and all costs. Thanx for reading and God bless.
    Rob,

I will take your advice and stay away from Arvixe. But I have another question. I was really shocked a while back when Google blocked this site as an attack site. Many others reported the same problem. No way can you run a business on a web site being flagged by Google as an attack site.

Did this have anything to do with Arvixe? And if not what exactly was the problem? Has it been fixed?

Thanking you in advance for a candid answer.

-Caveman

Comment

Hi Caveman: Yes, this year has had its share of challenges I must say. That 'attack site' situation was caused by malicious hacking that was done on the Wordpress subdomains. I had to take all of the sites (around 24) offline and clean the code. I had a few weak passwords and hackers took advantage of it. Lesson learned. You are right though. That does not help me at all when people come in and see that ominous sign. Luckily, all the sites were restored and Google re-indexed them all. This is a lot like living in the Wild, Wild West... Thank you very much for giving me a chance and coming back. Without you guys, I would have no reason to carry on.

PS: No, the attack sites issue had nothing to do with Arvixe. It had to do with my failure to have solid and complex passwords on the Wordpress sites.

Comment

Thank you Rob. The Internet is the wild west! I wish you the very best with this site. I have enjoyed it for many years and will continue to contribute to its content.
        -Caveman

Comment

I am honored and privileged to have you as an esteemed member of the fasting community. Thank you for sharing with us your knowledge, experiences and expertise. When we stick together, we can accomplish anything.

Comment

Hello Friend's
            this is a good forum.
            thanks

Comment

Siteground provides daily backups. Here is a review of the hosting company if you're ever looking for another host company.

https://criticalmas.com/2014/10/one-...round-hosting/

Comment

Recent Outage

curious, I am completely unable to find these forums on my computer, there is no link that works. To the extent that I made my own forums wanting to talk about fasting. However, on the android app it shows up.... can I have a link so I can use it on the computer?

Comment

Working...
                X