Thread: Naked Juice: Juice Fast Fast Food?

Banned Fasting Corporal

Naked Juice: Juice Fast Fast Food?

Hi all,

I'm sure there's a bazillion and one similar threads asking about the pros and cons of Naked Juice in a juice fast, but I had some specific queries I couldn't find answers to online.

I'm six days into my third 10 day juice fast this year. The first was in March, the second in August, and the third I began three days after Thanksgiving. I have a masticating juicer for the first time (used centrifugal in the past but was frustrated by all the wet pulp), and because of this particular model's design, I have to strain my juice before drinking it to remove excess pulp.

My understanding of the juice fast is that I want to eliminate as much fiber as possible in order to shut down my digestive system so the enzymes used there can be applied elsewhere. The problem I'm now encountering is that I sometimes use Naked brand juice as a sort of "juice fast fast food," or "fasting McDonalds" if you will. I.e., if my day is busy and I don't have time to make a batch of fresh juice, or if I'm out and about and hungry, I can grab a bottle on the go. But in straining my Naked Juice this time around, I'm discovering it's pulpier than I imagined. Straining it is time consuming (defeating the purpose of the juice fast fast food notion) and ends up producing less juice.

So my question is: should one strain Naked juice before drinking it during a juice fast? Is there enough pulp in there to undo the efforts to relax the digestive tract?

Also, as a little "PS," how necessary are the enemas? I did a natural salt water enema last fast and just ended up passing water. I already make a bowel movement a day while fasting, generally (short duration, thin dark colored stool).

Super Moderator Fasting Admiral tinajfreeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fpastorelle View Post
    Hi all,

I'm sure there's a bazillion and one similar threads asking about the pros and cons of Naked Juice in a juice fast, but I had some specific queries I couldn't find answers to online.

I'm six days into my third 10 day juice fast this year. The first was in March, the second in August, and the third I began three days after Thanksgiving. I have a masticating juicer for the first time (used centrifugal in the past but was frustrated by all the wet pulp), and because of this particular model's design, I have to strain my juice before drinking it to remove excess pulp.

My understanding of the juice fast is that I want to eliminate as much fiber as possible in order to shut down my digestive system so the enzymes used there can be applied elsewhere. The problem I'm now encountering is that I sometimes use Naked brand juice as a sort of "juice fast fast food," or "fasting McDonalds" if you will. I.e., if my day is busy and I don't have time to make a batch of fresh juice, or if I'm out and about and hungry, I can grab a bottle on the go. But in straining my Naked Juice this time around, I'm discovering it's pulpier than I imagined. Straining it is time consuming (defeating the purpose of the juice fast fast food notion) and ends up producing less juice.

So my question is: should one strain Naked juice before drinking it during a juice fast? Is there enough pulp in there to undo the efforts to relax the digestive tract?

Also, as a little "PS," how necessary are the enemas? I did a natural salt water enema last fast and just ended up passing water. I already make a bowel movement a day while fasting, generally (short duration, thin dark colored stool).
    I would not worry about the pulp at all in an occasional Naked juice, and no you do not need an enema unless you want one. Your body will take care of its elimination needs naturally.

Banned Fasting Corporal
    Thanks! That put my mind at ease.

Super Moderator Fasting Admiral tinajfreeman's Avatar
    When you can't juice, you may also want to try organic carrot juice which is widely available. I love it and it doesn't contain as much sugar as the Naked juices.

Thread Information