Thread: HELP! Oily Stool day 4 water fast...Liver problems?

Full Member Fasting Ensign Gypsy's Avatar

HELP! Oily Stool day 4 water fast...Liver problems?

I have had oily stools the past 2 days and I am not sure what is happening.... is this detox or is my liver failing??? I am a little scared.... Has anyone had any problems with this??? I am drinking water only....please comment ...

Super Moderator Fasting Admiral tinajfreeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I have had oily stools the past 2 days and I am not sure what is happening.... is this detox or is my liver failing??? I am a little scared.... Has anyone had any problems with this??? I am drinking water only....please comment ...
    If the whites of your eyes are white and not yellowing or dull, you should be fine. Oily stools may simply mean your body is passing excess cholesterol (bile is very high in cholesterol). With the caveat that I am not a doctor, in all of my studies of fasting I have never heard that this was any kind of warning sign.

Rhythms OfLife
    As I will always refer people to Arnold Ehret's book called "Rational Fasting", I would advise you read this to understand your fasting process.

The type of diet you are leading PRIOR to fasting has a REALLY big impact on all symptoms you will experience while fasting. Your body is healing itself while fasting, so one of the things that it will do is REMOVE obstruction of all kinds, slowly but surely. The water fasts are really good in helping to revitalize the body, however if you are not ingesting any pure citrus (lemon, lime, grape fruit, cranberry, pineapple or orange juices / listed from most acidic to least.) then the amount of obstruction you are moving is very minimal, thus your detox will take longer and less effective. Colonic's are also a must. If your intestinal tract is not clear you will still have toxin's releasing into the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythms OfLife View Post
    As I will always refer people to Arnold Ehret's book called "Rational Fasting", I would advise you read this to understand your fasting process.

The type of diet you are leading PRIOR to fasting has a REALLY big impact on all symptoms you will experience while fasting. Your body is healing itself while fasting, so one of the things that it will do is REMOVE obstruction of all kinds, slowly but surely. The water fasts are really good in helping to revitalize the body, however if you are not ingesting any pure citrus (lemon, lime, grape fruit, cranberry, pineapple or orange juices / listed from most acidic to least.) then the amount of obstruction you are moving is very minimal, thus your detox will take longer and less effective. Colonic's are also a must. If your intestinal tract is not clear you will still have toxin's releasing into the body.
    Thank you but, I do eat/drink fruit everyday

Quote Originally Posted by tinajfreeman View Post
    If the whites of your eyes are white and not yellowing or dull, you should be fine. Oily stools may simply mean your body is passing excess cholesterol (bile is very high in cholesterol). With the caveat that I am not a doctor, in all of my studies of fasting I have never heard that this was any kind of warning sign.
    Thank you Tina... I have had my gallbladder removed back in 2003 ... I was thinking maybe it is just the extra oil/fat from my liver that has been overworked as a result.

Super Moderator Fasting Admiral tinajfreeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Thank you Tina... I have had my gallbladder removed back in 2003 ... I was thinking maybe it is just the extra oil/fat from my liver that has been overworked as a result.
    That makes sense.

Thread Information